You’ve made the decision to paint your home exterior! Having your home painted can feel overwhelming, but our friends at Zaarly have shared a few tips from their top painters that will guarantee a flawless paint job.
Here are 5 tips Zaarly painters recommend before you paint your home exterior:
- Prune bushes and trees away from your house.Take care of the small stuff yourself, but consider hiring an arborist to trim your beautiful Douglas Fir.
- Clear away your favorite things from your house: wind-chimes, potted plants and patio furniture. Your painter will thank you for not having to tiptoe around your outdoor treasures.
- Check for external damage. If you have dry-rot, peeling stucco or other wood damage, repair it before painting. Otherwise, you’re simply wasting your money and creating a bigger headache later.
- On paint day, make sure your painter has access to the property (front and back) and access to water and power for power washing. This may seem obvious, but it’s a common frustration!
- Close your windows, and keep the kids and pets inside. Again, sounds like common sense, but your kitty that got a stripe of white paint on his tail asked us politely to remind you.
Need a hand? ReeceNichols has partnered with Zaarly to make sure you get the best service experts for all of your home projects! Ask your ReeceNichols agent for a $50 promo code to use on your first project!
Sign up for Zaarly. It’s free!